FAQ: How do I change file/folder permissions?
Occasionally you may need to set permissions on directories and/or files in order for your site to work properly such as for scripts.
Via File Manager
- Login to your website control panel
- Click on File Manager
- Find the files/folders you need to change permissions on
- Check the checkbox next to those files and/or folders
- Click the CHMOD button
- Check the checkboxes next to the permissions you need, if applicable also check the box next to apply to sub-directories and/or files within the directory
- Click on the green checkmark icon to apply the change
Via FTP Client
- Login to your FTP account
- Navigate to the files/folders you need to change permissions on
- Right-click and choose CHMOD or File Attributes (depends on your client) on the files/directories
- Click OK or Apply Permissions
Please refer to your specific FTP client’s documentation to find out exactly how to perform permissions changes via that client, the above is just a generalized how-to and may not be the same for every client.
Did you know the premium plan comes with unlimited features (webspace, bandwidth, email accounts etc.), no restrictions (cURL, Sockets, Sendmail etc.), a Website Builder, Shopping Cart tools and a FREE Domain Name?
Compare our free and premium hosting plan.